AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT PRIVACY
The Talon Group ("Talon") has received personal information from or about you. This may be in the form of a resume and/or commentary from referees you have nominated. Talon takes its privacy obligations seriously, and accordingly makes the following disclosure to you in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) (as amended):
- Your personal information has been collected by The Talon Group (ABN 75 528 187 737) of Level 5, 655 Pacific Hwy, St Leonards, NSW, 2065.
- You can contact us by phone on 1300 656 601 - ask for the Privacy Officer; by mail to PO Box 16, St Leonards, NSW, 1590, Attention: Privacy Officer.
- You have a qualified right of access to personal information which we hold about you. It is qualified because there may be circumstances where we must not gaive access or where we are entitled to withhold it. If you require access please write to us as indicated above.
- Normally, we collect personal information from or about candidates such as yourself for the following purposes, namely, to:
- assess your suitability for referral to our clients with a view to interviewing you for a prospective position and following-up reference checks and other screening and cross-checking services Talon provides to its clients to assess your suitability;
- assess your suitability for engagement by Talon to perform temporary or contract work services for Talon clients; and
- provide copies of your personal information to appropriate clients who may be interested in interviewing you for a position.
- Tax laws and various laws relating to employment require Talon to collect certain information such as name, address and tax file number, which will be relevant where Talon engages you as a temporary or contract worker for a Talon client.
- Talon will not disclose your personal information to a prospective employer without first informing you and obtaining your consent in each case. Once you have your consent to pursue a specific career opportunity, we may disclose your personal information to the following types of organisations and persons:
- client for which Talon has your consent;
- referees and former employers you have nominated for the purposes of obtaining references;
- Talon consultants who perform recruitment services on behalf of Talon as independent contractors rather than employees;
- independent contractors performing services for Talon on its information technology. Such persons may from time to time have access to our database which may include your personal information. Such persons would not take interest in the content of the database, but rather its functionality from an I.T. perspective;
- anyone to whom we may wish to sell our business or to whom we may wish to make an offer of partnership;
- our legal and other professional advisers, if we need to obtain advice;
- where you wish to be considered for temporary assignments, the Australian Taxation Office.
- If we ask for further information from you (such as your resume) and you omit to provide relevant personal information, this may influence our assessment of your suitability for a position with Talon clients.
- If, when you provide us with further information, you provide us with "sensitive information", as defined in the Privacy Act (see below) we will take this to mean that we have your consent to retaining that information and using it for the above-mentioned purposes and disclosing this information to the types of organisations to which we normally disclose information as listed above. If you do not wish us to do so, please contact us immediately to inform us.
Sensitive information is information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of professional or trade associations, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices or health information.
PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU:
- CONSENT TO OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING "SENSITIVE INFORMATION" IN THE MANNER OUTLINED ABOVE;
- CONSENT TO OUR MAKING CONTACT WITH THE REFEREES YOU HAVE NOMINATED - IN EACH INSTANCE WE WILL INFORM YOU FIRST;
- CONSENT TO OUR SENDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OUR CLIENTS AND AFFILIATES IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FACT THAT THE RECIPIENT MAY NOT BE BOUND BY LAWS SIMILAR TO THE NATIONAL PRIVACY PRINCIPLES APPLICATION IN AUSTRALIA; AND
- CONSENT TO PASSING THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO TALON BY THE REFEREES NOMINATED BY YOU ON TO OUR CLIENTS NO MATTER WHAT THEIR CONTENT MAY BE, AND